The Green Register’s March Twilight Talk – our free, one-hour forays into new developments – saw architect Josh Wood take us on his journey in planning, designing and constructing his city self-build home. On 29th March, join us in Bristol to see the house in real life as Josh opens his doors for a peek at the inner workings of the build, such as the MVHR system, before internal boarding hides the services away.
If you were unable to join the latest Twilight Talk session or would like to watch again, you can see a free recording of the event below. All previous Twilight Talks are on our YouTube page.
You can access the presentation here.
Looking to build better? Join us at these upcoming training events:
- The final part of our fabric series led by the technical team at Ecological Building Systems on 29th March is all about the practical elements of airtightness and its partner, ventilation – this is available to join as a standalone session and can be booked here
- Don’t miss Evaluating Homes for Good on 24th April, with CIBSE’s Julie Godefroy and Zachary Gill of SOAP Retrofit who are both active members of the Building Performance Network. Together they will provide essential updates on housing performance evaluation for newbuild and retrofit and the new British Standard for Building Performance Evaluation BS 40101, illustrated with case studies and ideas for your own projects
- Tools for Net Zero and Lifecycle Analysis on 25th April with Lilly Ingleby and Chris Halligan of Race Cottam Architects who will offer a practical perspective on delivering net zero projects and consider the environmental impacts of materials in designing for low embodied carbon buildings
Do keep an eye on our ever-changing events and training page for more throughout 2023 to expand your construction sustainability knowledge.
Have you considered membership? Join today and you’ll be in the fine company of like-minded professionals committed to improving our built environment. Here are some of the benefits of joining us:
- Big discounts on tickets for our training events and those of our partners throughout the year – you’ll be the first to hear too
- Your business listed on The Register for customers and collaborators to find you easily
- Free promotion of your work through our digital media networks
- Use our logo in your communications to signal your sustainability knowledge
- A free subscription to Passivehouse+ magazine for the year
Find out more on our Membership web page and we hope to see you at an event with The Green Register soon.