Earlier this week, we welcomed Adedayo Shittu-Balogun, architect and Director of Projects at Eurban, who shared her expertise on Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA). This session was kindly supported by Building Growth, providers of construction business support in Southwest England.
Mark up your calendar with our next training events!
- Our new five-part Building Services series is now in full swing, with the second in the series on 24th May exploring Designing Sustainable Water Systems. Book single events within the series, or all five parts with a discount, to expand your knowledge further
- Building With Hemp for Healthy and Low Embodied Energy Buildings on 31st May, led by Tom Woolley, will deliver detail on the various ways of using hemp in the construction of housing and larger buildings. Hempcrete or hemp lime, casting, spraying, blocks and offsite construction will be outlined as well as other hemp composite materials.
- On 6th June, Passivhaus architect Mark Siddall brings to us a detailed case study, delving into design, construction and post-occupancy evaluation of Larch Corner, a CLT-built Passivhaus home
- WUFI® is the world-leading simulation software for understanding the risk of interstitial condensation, mould, rot and freeze-thaw in buildings. The UK’s only WUFI Pro: Heat and moisture simulation workshop takes place on 20-21 June online and will arm you with the tools you need to assess moisture risk in buildings.
- If you find yourself in the Bristol area on 7th June, do pop down to Building Growth’s Construction Summit, free to book here
Keep an eye on our ever-changing events and training page for more throughout 2023 to expand your construction sustainability knowledge.
Have you considered membership?
Join today and you’ll be in the fine company of like-minded professionals committed to improving our built environment. Here are some of the benefits of joining us:
- Big discounts on tickets for our training events and those of our partners throughout the year – you’ll be the first to hear too
- Your business listed on The Register for customers and collaborators to find you easily
- Free promotion of your work through our digital media networks
- Use our logo in your communications to signal your sustainability knowledge
- A free subscription to Passivehouse+ magazine for the year
Find out more on our Membership page and we hope to see you at an event with The Green Register soon.
This Twilight Talk is sponsored by EcoMerchant and YTKO. YTKO Ltd supports & delivers a wide range of public-funded programmes to help individuals, startups and established SMEs achieve their ambitions. They support through a combination of 1-2-1s, workshops, networking, e-learning platforms and much more. Workshops include topics such as business strategy, sustainability and funding.