On Monday 12th June, we hosted the June edition of our free, monthly Twilight Talks, sponsored by Ecomerchant. Expert thermographer and trainer Mark Colyer of ScanTherm Surveys explained the wide range of professional diagnostics that can be achieved with infra-red imagery, shared how to avoid some of the pitfalls, and showed us some illuminating case studies that explain why so many clients are now using this fascinating tool to investigate a wide range of building complexities.
If you were unable to join the latest Twilight Talk session or would like to watch again, you can see a free recording of the event below and the slides here. All previous Twilight Talks are on our YouTube page.
We have lots of events coming up over the next few weeks!
- WUFI® is the world-leading simulation software for understanding the risk of interstitial condensation, mould, rot and freeze-thaw in buildings. The UK’s only WUFI Pro: Heat and moisture simulation workshop takes place on 20-21 June online and will arm you with the tools you need to assess moisture risk in buildings.
- Our Energy Solutions for Net Zero Housing series with Good Homes Alliance kicks off on June 22nd. This new, 3-part online training series will explore the latest tech, innovations and energy solutions to accelerate net zero and low energy housing development. Book all 3 in the series for a reduced rate and save over 10% compared to booking separately!
- Making our housing stock more energy efficient is critical to meeting the UK’s carbon emissions targets, but the complexity, time, effort and cost involved means that few people will do it purely for altruistic reasons. The benefits to homeowners are clear: you pay less for your heating and your home is more comfortable and cosy to live in. Where to start with retrofit is a new training session on June 27th that will answer any questions homeowners may have about retrofit.
- On July 5th, we’re running our session Overheating in buildings: mitigating a modern issue through design with speakers from MESH Energy. Our speakers will elaborate on the primary causes of overheating, how the built environment is increasingly regulating for thermal comfort and some of the best ways to mitigate against overheating for today and the future.
Keep an eye on our ever-changing events and training page for more throughout 2023 to expand your construction sustainability knowledge.
Have you considered membership?
Join today and you’ll be in the fine company of like-minded professionals committed to improving our built environment. Here are some of the benefits of joining us:
- Big discounts on tickets for our training events and those of our partners throughout the year – you’ll be the first to hear too
- Your business listed on The Register for customers and collaborators to find you easily
- Free promotion of your work through our digital media networks
- Use our logo in your communications to signal your sustainability knowledge
- A free subscription to Passivehouse+ magazine for the year
Find out more on our Membership page and we hope to see you at an event with The Green Register soon.
This Twilight Talk was sponsored by Ecomerchant.