The Green Register is delighted to offer a number of fully funded places for construction professionals on our online Futureproof Essentials training course. We have collaborated with several local authorities, beneficiaries of the Community Renewal Funds, to provide this training on sustainable construction and the whole house approach to retrofit. The course will help you to improve your confidence when discussing retrofit with householders, understand materials and technologies used in retrofit and provide practical skills that you can take straight to your projects.
About the Community Renewal Fund (CRF) programmes
Here is a brief outline of the CRF programmes that The Green Register can offer limited training places for. Please check the below eligibility requirements to see if you qualify for a FREE training place. If you do, please use the discount code for the relevant programme.
Somerset Retrofit Accelerator Community Renewal Fund programme
30 training places are available for construction professionals available on a first-come-first-serve basis to those meeting the eligibility requirements.
Discount code: SRA22
WECA Community Renewal Fund programme
50 training places are available for construction professionals available on a first-come-first-serve basis to those meeting the eligibility requirements.
Discount code: WECACRF22
To benefit from this offer, you must
- Be a contractor, tradesperson, architect, surveyor, building control officer, builders’ merchant, planner, retrofit assessor or any other construction professional
- Have a registered business or home address in either Somerset or WECA areas (Bristol, B&NES or South Gloucestershire)
- Register for the course no later than 2nd September 2022
- Complete the course no later than 30th September 2022
If you don’t qualify for a FREE place on Futureproof Essentials, please see our great value training rates for the course here.
About the Futureproof Essentials training course
The Futureproof Essentials Course is an introductory training package designed to help you start to understand the Whole House Retrofit (WHR) approach in a practical way. It comprises 10 one-hour video training sessions led by trainers from The Green Register’s expert team on the key topics within WHR.
Throughout the course, you’ll learn about all the key principles of WHR:
- why building sustainably matters for our future
- standards and guidance available for assessing retrofit projects
- specifying low impact building materials
- minimising moisture movement in buildings
- optimising the efficiency of building services
- good practice solid wall insulation
- efficient use of water
- airtightness and ventilation strategies
A short assessment follows each lesson to help you get the most from your learning and when the course is successfully completed, you’ll be awarded a certificate. The course is expected to take around 10-15 hours to complete and can be accessed through our e-learning platform to suit your schedule.
You will also benefit from third-party NOCN One Award certification upon successful completion of the course.
You can read more about the Futureproof Essentials course here.
Ready to register for the course?
Please check the T&Cs before proceeding - and don't forget to use the relevant discount code above to claim your free place!
Once your details and eligibility have been verified, we will provide you with access to our e-learning system, where you can begin the course.
By registering you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions here