This month, we welcomed Peter Rollinson of sustainable building material specialists Mike Wye to discuss how recycled foam glass aggregate is ideal for the retrofit of historic buildings or as a foundation for new build construction, and his insights on using foam glass in your own projects.
We have lots on through the rest of 2023, so have a look at our Training and Events page to learn more about upcoming sessions:
- On October 18th, we have the first installment in our new ‘Airtightness in Detail for Designers and Builders‘ series with Ecological Building Systems. Builders, contractors, architects, designers and other professions should attend to get an invaluable insight into airtightness, vapour control and detailing, and the importance of a collaborative approach when on site.
- Do you know the most sustainable plumbing materials to specify? Join us and expert trainer Cath Hassell on November 1st for ‘Plumbing for Architects and Construction Professionals‘, a two-hour interactive session looking at core plumbing issues that need to be considered at the design stage. Attend online or in-person at the Pollard Thomas Edwards office in London.
- The following week is another in-person training: the WUFI Pro workshop in London. This is your only chance to attend UK-based WUFI® Pro training in 2023, and the training includes hands-on guided use of the software, and a 6-week temporary licence of the full version of the WUFI® Pro software, as well as access to support on the online WUFI® Forum for that period.
- We’re excited to launch a new session on November 15th: Thermal Bypass Workshop: Understand the Risks and Learn from Case Studies with Mark Siddall. The workshop will explore how design and construction in our region can avoid performance gaps by addressing thermal bypass risks which arise during design and construction.
- Rounding off November is another new session: Lime: An ancient material for modern building performance. We’re welcoming back Peter Rollinson from Mike Wye and Tom Carruthers to introduce the history, production, and benefits of building limes, addressing frequently asked questions and debunking myths surrounding the general use of building lime products.
Keep an eye on our ever-changing events and training page for more throughout 2023 to expand your construction sustainability knowledge.
Have you considered membership?
Join today and you’ll be in the fine company of like-minded professionals committed to improving our built environment. Here are some of the benefits of joining us:
- Big discounts on tickets for our training events and those of our partners throughout the year – you’ll be the first to hear too
- Your business listed on The Register for customers and collaborators to find you easily
- Free promotion of your work through our digital media networks
- Use our logo in your communications to signal your sustainability knowledge
- A free subscription to Passivehouse+ magazine for the year
Find out more on our Membership page and we hope to see you at an event with The Green Register soon.