The November installment in our early evening talks supported by Ecomerchant: together promoting ethical, healthy sustainable building materials.
We are all trying to evolve our understanding and practice of what sustainable construction means in the circular economy and how to measure the impacts. In a ground-breaking exemplar of designing for Circular Living, Chetwoods has developed a new methodology that combines existing technologies in innovative ways to create enhanced digital outputs. These outputs deliver new layers of data to create and visualise highly detailed 3D models, and to record information for the quantification and reuse of materials. Stored on a visual hub they are accessible to teams working on the optimal deconstruction and reconstruction of an existing building.
We’re rounding off 2023 with a range of sessions, including a site visit, so have a look at our Training and Events page to learn more about upcoming sessions:
- The final two sessions in our new ‘Airtightness in Detail for Designers and Builders’ series are coming up, starting with Airtightness specification drawings – the process from a contractor’s perspective on November 22nd. This session will show why an Airtightness Champion is key to success. Showing that communication and coordination to interpret drawings and create an airtightness strategy on site among different construction disciplines is key.
- We’re welcoming back Peter Rollinson from Mike Wye and Tom Carruthers to introduce the history, production, and benefits of building limes, addressing frequently asked questions and debunking myths surrounding the general use of building lime products. Lime: An ancient material for modern building performance will run next week on November 23rd.
- Anyone in the Bristol area, join us on November 28th for our Retrofit in Long Ashton site visit with Dovetail Design and Build. This retrofit project involves the remodelling & extension of a 1950s semi-detached house in Long Ashton to improve its flow, spaciousness and energy efficiency.
- The final session in our new ‘Airtightness in Detail for Designers and Builders’ series, Airtightness – Putting Theory into Practice, will run on December 6th and the focus for the last session in the airtightness series will be on practical applications. Our trainers will take delegates through practical installation videos, showing tips, how to apply and the right solutions for each junction.
Have you considered membership?
Join today and you’ll be in the fine company of like-minded professionals committed to improving our built environment. Here are some of the benefits of joining us:
- Big discounts on tickets for our training events and those of our partners throughout the year – you’ll be the first to hear too
- Your business listed on The Register for customers and collaborators to find you easily
- Free promotion of your work through our digital media networks
- Use our logo in your communications to signal your sustainability knowledge
- A free subscription to Passivehouse+ magazine for the year
Find out more on our Membership page and we hope to see you at an event with The Green Register soon.