Find your trained construction professional here:
Donald Insall Associates
http://www.donaldinsallassociates.co.uk/ | Architect
Donald Insall Associates is a leading conservation architectural practice with over 50 years’ experience in the care, repair and adaptation of historic buildings, estates and towns, together with the design of new buildings on sensitive sites. With offices in London and across the UK, the practice works throughout the country, in Europe and beyond.
From our beginnings in 1958, Donald Insall Associates has pioneered a sustainable approach to architecture; focussing on reducing energy use, by repairing and finding new uses for existing buildings, and sustainable new design which considers the impact on the environment of all aspects of design, specification and building usage.
We believe that buildings designed to last a long time are inherently more “green” than buildings with a short lifespan, so that the embodied energy and carbon footprint is spread over a much longer period. We achieve this in a variety of ways including specifying appropriately long-lasting materials from sustainable sources, and avoiding high carbon footprints where possible.
Awards: Our projects have received over 200 design and craftsmanship awards, including a number for sustainability:
• Green Apple Environmental Awards:
- The Molineux Hotel, Wolverhampton (2006)
- Ty Coch Barns, Ruthin
- Nantclwyd House, Ruthin
- The Molineux Hotel, Wolverhampton (2009)
- Ashton Gardens, Lytham St. Annes
• The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Environmental Award:
- St Lukes Church, Chelsea
• Wolverhampton Environmental Awards Commendation:
- Wightwick Old Manor House repair and conversion
• Estates Gazette, Sustainability Initiative of the Year:
- Quadrant 3, Regent Street, London
• The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Environmental Award Scheme:
- In-Pensioner Statue, The Royal Hospital Chelsea.
• Richmond Upon Thames Sustainable Design Award:
- 73 Kew Gardens
We are accredited BSEN 14001 Environmental Management Systems.
Bridgegate House, 5 Bridge Place, Chester, United Kingdom, CH1 1SE