The Green Register's Hot Topic 2018 Event: Timber in Construction
Here at The Green Register, we're looking forward to celebrating all things timber next month as we welcome a range of professionals from across the construction industry to share their experiences and insights with us on this versatile material.
Delegates can expect an exciting mix of talks and illustrated case studies, as well as an interactive (and appropriately seasonal!) session faciliated by Aaron Coleby from Bristol's Real World Visuals and Matt Harrison from White Design: How much Carbon in a Yuletide Log? Aaron and Matt will be testing delegates' knowledge about timber by asking some challenging questions that will blow away some common myths, enlighten the audience and spark some healthy debate. Participants will be given tokens for each correct answer and the winner will receive a real chocolate yuletide log for their own consumption!
Other presentations include:
- A critical analysis of forestry practices in the UK and beyond
- Case studies of Zaha Hadid architect’s new Forest Green Rovers building and the innovative cross-laminated timber (CLT) building for Vitsoe
- A contractor’s and a structural engineer’s perspective on using timber in construction
- The specification of wood fibre products
- Technical detailing of fixings for timber products
... And make sure to join us after the talks for networking and festive drinks (with thanks to our sponsors Eurban!)
Attendance is a must for those who are interested in using the (possibly) only carbon neutral building material in their projects!
- Date: Thursday 6th December 2018
- Time: 9:30 - 17:00 followed by networking and festive drinks (with thanks to sponsors Eurban)
- Location: The Foundation, Lower Ground Floor, St. George's Road, Bristol BS1 5BE
- Tickets: £99 for The Green Register Members
- Booking: Click here to book
- Kindly sponsored by: Eurban, Aptus, PYC Group and MBC Timberframe.