Organisation: The Green Register of Construction Professionals
Location: The Create Centre, Bristol / homeworking
Position Type: Freelance / Consultancy
Part/Full Time: Part Time (12-15 hours worked flexibly over the week) including some early evening work
Salary: £15 per hour
Closing Date: 12 noon, Wednesday 25th August 2021 to start early September
Contact: Elaine Quinn
Contact Email: email@example.com
How to apply: please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you want to use your administration, finance and communication skills?
- Are you organised, confident and enthusiastic?
- Do you have an interest in the environment?
- Are you looking to develop your experience within training, administration, membership and finance?
The Green Register of Construction Professionals is a small, independent non-profit organisation set up in 2000 to promote sustainable building practices across the construction industry through training. We are looking for a talented individual to join us as a Training & Membership Administrator for The Green Register.
Experience in administration, use of online systems and ability to provide support with live online training is essential. Familiarity with the sustainable construction industry or methods is an advantage, but not essential. You will need an ability to work independently using your initiative as part of our friendly but busy small team.
Team relationships / management / strategic
- Working alongside the Events and Office Manager to jointly deliver most tasks within this role.
- Working with the Directors, Events and Office Manager and other members of the team to deliver our regular programme of work as well as working on strategic planning with the team to proactively work towards The Green Register’s longer-term goals.
- Working with the Finance Officer and Events and Office Manager to achieve accounts integration with our CRM system and develop further automation of invoice chasing and financial forecasting.
- Working with the Director on promotion and administration of in-house CPD delivery.
Events management/ promotion
- Representing the organisation at regular online events and occasional face-to-face events; hosting / providing technical support to speakers at online events via Zoom; building relationships with potential partners. Some online events take place in early evenings.
- CRM system - maintaining data, inputting new contacts / events details, creating reports for exporting data for reporting to team on regular basis.
- Building relationships with existing members/supporters and seeking out ways to manage retention rate and attract new members.
- CRM system - maintaining data, inputting new contacts, creating reports for exporting data for reporting to team on regular basis.
- Helping to manage membership renewals - sending invoices and correspondence, creating spreadsheet of renewals, chasing up overdue payments.
- Helping to manage TGR’s revenue and develop new sources of income so that TGR’s work can continue to be financially self-sufficient and sustainable in the long term.
- Liasing with and supporting the Finance Officer, Events and Office Manager and Directors in managing the organisation's finances.
- General financial planning and managing budgets to include event, membership, office and project budgets.
- Dealing with enquiries by email and telephone.
- Website – maintaining and updating copy on website; uploading documents; liasing with web developer to address any issues.
- Dealing with any IT issues, printer maintenance and any other hardware issues.
- General administration tasks as required.
- Experience in coordinating events and training.
- A self-starter; ability to manage own time and workload independently, and cope well under pressure.
- Ability to fit into the culture of a small organisation, becoming an integral member of the team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects / tasks at any one time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to host / provide technical support to speakers when hosting events online via Zoom and other platforms if needed. Some online events take place in early evenings.
- Excellent administration skills and IT literacy, including knowledge of the MS Office suite and editing / updating website and database content.
- Ability to adapt quickly to using new systems and seek out new ways of working using tech solutions.
- Excellent numeracy skills with experience of:
- working with accounts packages to raise invoices, credits etc., and produce accounting reports and forecasts.
- working with spreadsheets and managing budgets.
- General interest in and understanding of environmental issues.
- Experience of running training events as a host or in a supportive role.
- Experience of managing memberships.
- Experience of working on grant-funded projects or activities in an administrative / financial / reporting capacity.
- Experience of using CiviCRM and Drupal or Wordpress.
- Understanding of sustainable building practices / issues.