About the job
Membership and Marketing Coordinator
Organisation: The Green Register of Construction Professionals
Location: The Create Centre, Bristol / homeworking (hybrid)
Position Type: Permanent
Part/Full Time: Part Time (18 hours per week) including some occasional early evening work
Salary: £15 per hour to be reviewed after 3 months
Closing Date: 12 noon, Tuesday 23 August 2022 to start ideally mid September
Contact Email: email@example.com
- Do you want to use your membership management and marketing skills?
- Are you organised, confident and enthusiastic?
- Do you have an interest in the environment?
- Are you looking to develop your experience within membership, marketing and administration?
The Green Register of Construction Professionals is a small, independent non-profit organisation set up in 2000 to promote sustainable building practices across the construction industry through training and membership. We are looking for a talented individual to join us as a Membership & Marketing Coordinator for The Green Register.
Experience in managing and promoting membership subscriptions and use of online systems is essential. Familiarity with the sustainable construction industry or methods is an advantage, but not essential. You will need an ability to work independently using your initiative as part of our friendly but busy small team.
The role is part-time, 18 hours per week with an immediate start.
To apply: please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 12 noon on Tuesday 23 August 2022.
For more information contact email@example.com
· Maintaining contact with existing members/supporters, administering their membership and related queries, and seeking out ways to manage retention rate.
· Seeking out ways to attract new members and carrying out promotional activities to achieve this.
· Expanding our membership offer to include new or enhanced benefits for both existing and new members.
· Managing membership renewals – sending invoices and correspondence, creating spreadsheet of renewals, chasing up overdue payments.
· Managing new members – sending invoices, welcome emails and other correspondence, chasing up overdue payments.
· CRM system and website:
· maintaining data, inputting new contacts, creating reports for exporting data for reporting to team on regular basis;
· testing our newly upgraded website and members-only areas to ensure they work for members and communicating new changes to all members;
· coordinating any fixes or new changes required for members-only areas of the website;
· coordinating the introduction of direct debit payments for members.
· Representing the organisation at online events and occasional face-to-face events; hosting / providing technical support to speakers at online events via Zoom. Some events take place in early evenings.
· Covering for other staff when needed to process bookings and respond to customer enquiries regarding training.
· Covering for other staff when needed to liaise with trainers for our established training courses to get new dates in the calendar and update any information for promotion as needed.
· Promoting membership (and less frequently training offers) primarily through e-mailshots and digital marketing.
· Working alongside our Marketing and Communications Assistant who manages TGR’s social media accounts.
· Maintaining and updating copy on website; uploading information online for promotion.
· Liaising with and supporting the Finance Officer, Events and Office Manager and Directors in managing the organisation’s finances in relation to memberships and related sources of income/expenditure.
· General financial planning and managing membership budget and potentially other budgets.
· Working with the Events and Office Manager and Training and Membership Administrator to deliver most tasks within this role.
· Working with the Events and Office Manager, Marketing and Communications Assistant and other members of the team to coordinate marketing activities.
· Working with the Directors, Events and Office Manager and other members of the team to deliver our regular programme of work as well as working on strategic planning with the team to proactively work towards The Green Register’s longer-term goals.
· Working with the Finance Officer, Events and Office Manager, Training and Membership Administrator and web developers to achieve accounts integration with our CRM system and develop further automation of invoice chasing, set up direct debits and financial forecasting for Green Register members.
· Dealing with enquiries by email and telephone.
· Troubleshooting or triaging any errors arising for customers and TGR staff when using our website / CRM system and directing to the relevant person to provide fix if needed.
· Dealing with any IT issues, printer maintenance and any other hardware issues.
· General administration tasks as required.
· A self-starter; ability to manage own time and workload independently, and cope well under pressure.
· Ability to fit into the culture of a small organisation, becoming an integral member of the team.
· Ability to work on multiple projects / tasks at any one time.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Experience of managing memberships.
· Excellent administration skills and IT literacy, including knowledge of the MS Office suite and editing / updating website and database content.
· Ability to adapt quickly to using new systems and seek out new ways of working using tech solutions.
· Excellent data skills with experience of working with CRM system(s) to manage and analyse data and produce reports.
· Excellent numeracy skills with experience of:
· working with accounts packages to raise invoices, credits etc., and produce accounting reports and forecasts.
· working with spreadsheets and managing budgets.
· Ability to host / provide technical support to speakers when hosting events online via Zoom and other platforms if needed. Some online events take place in early evenings.
· Experience in coordinating meetings.
· General interest in and understanding of environmental issues.
· Experience of running training events as a host or in a supportive role.
· Experience in coordinating events and training.
· Experience of basic graphic design / using design or image manipulation software.Experience of using CiviCRM and WordPress
· Experience of basic IT support for others.
· Understanding of sustainable building practices / issues.