Submitted by Tess S on Fri, 03/12/2021 – 15:56
There are a lot of questions around PAS2030 and Trustmark, so we’ve answered some of the most-asked questions that we get here:
What does PAS mean?
- Publicly Available Specification. It is a specification and guidance that you need to follow in order to install Energy Efficiency Measures (EEM) with a retrofit approach to dwellings.
What is Trustmark?
- A government endorsed quality tradespeople website that installers need to become part of that includes: a code of conduct, customer charter, and data warehouse
Why become PAS2030 certified and Trustmark registered?
- In order to access government grant funding for retrofit. If you are not certified to these standards, then you can’t participate in any existing or future schemes such as Green Homes Grant or Energy Company Obligation works.
How do I become PAS and Trustmark accredited?
- You require a UKAS Accreditation Body that can certify you to PAS2030, plus a Trustmark Scheme Provider that can register you with Trustmark. One option is through our Futureproof Skills & Certification Programme
Is it difficult to obtain?
- It can be, which is why there is full support as well as mentoring and assistance throughout the entire Futureproof Skills & Certification Programme provided by David Mooney at FCA Compliance Services
What do I need to provide?
- You need to choose the measures that you require to be authorised for under PAS2030. You may require only one or you may opt for several.
What qualifications do I need?
- For PAS2030:2019, installers (who can be sub-contracted) require NVQ qualifications. This is typically an NVQ Level 2 in Insulation and Building Treatments.
Do I need anything else?
- Company logo
- Waste Carrier License (upper tier)
- ACOPS 123 non-gas operative training course if you are undertaking loft, CWI and EWI installations
- For the PAS applications, a Retrofit Coordinator and Retrofit Assessor will be provided
Why go through the Futureproof Skills & Certification Programme?
- Whole House Retrofit training developed by The Green Register for up to three team members included
- Savings to contractors is £2,300+ per company
- For any additional PAS measures, you benefit from great discounts from FCA Compliance and BAB – negotiated on your behalf
- This is a one-stop-shop: Once programme is completed you can start trading under GHGVS and other government-funded schemes