Register for the Futureproof Skills & Certification programme - and grow your business in retrofit
Already registered? please click HERE to go to our online learning platform!
The Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme ended on 31st March 2021, but there are opportunities for contractors to work on other government-funded retrofit schemes - and we can help you to access these works.
We are offering 100 part-funded places to businesses wishing to undertake retrofit training, certify in PAS2030 and become Trustmark registered. These are essential requirements for contractors to access government-funded retrofit schemes including GHG Local Authority Delivery (LAD), Energy Company Obligation (ECO), Home Upgrade Grant (HUG) and future initiatives. An additional 200 training places are available for contractors from the same company and there are a further 50 discounted training-only places for contractors who are currently unemployed.
The scheme is open to contractors nationwide, who want to achieve certification to deliver government-funded works.
We are a trusted, independent and nationally recognised organisation with 20 years’ delivery of expert training in sustainable construction – so you’re in good hands!
The Futureproof Skills & Certification programme is supported by funding from the government through Midlands Energy Hub. Additional regional funding is provided by West of England Combined Authority (WECA) and North Somerset Council. Applications for the programme will be accepted until 1 July 2021.
Are you a contractor based in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset or North Somerset?
- If so, you may be eligible for a fully funded place on this programme!
- If your organisation has less than 250 employees and a registered business address in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset or North Somerset you are eligible for a fully funded place.
- If you are unemployed and live in North Somerset, there are fully funded places available to access Futureproof Essentials training only.
- See below for full details of these offers.
Video: David Mooney, FCA Compliance Services explains PAS certification
Benefits of the programme
The programme comprises three elements:
- Training in whole house retrofit practices. This is delivered in 10 one-hour video training sessions that can be accessed to suit your schedule.
They cover the following 10 subjects:
- Introduction to Sustainable Building
- Introduction to Building Physics
- Introduction to PAS2035
- Assessing Retrofit
- Lifecycle Analysis of Building Materials
- External Wall Insulation
- Internal Wall Insulation
- Good Practice Ventilation
- Integrating Building Services
- Sustainable Water Use in Retrofit
2. Full support in achieving PAS2030:19 certification for your company. This is provided by FCA Compliance Services who will also offer mentoring and assistance throughout the entire verification process including establishment of a quality management system and preparation of all other paperwork.
3. PAS2030:19 certification in a single measure with Trustmark registration provided by the British Assessment Bureau (BAB), enabling swift access to government-funded retrofit works.
Note that training must be completed within four weeks of starting, and PAS2030 certification will be issued only upon completion of training.
Why join the Futureproof Skills & Certification programme?
Retrofitting homes to become more energy-efficient is a key driver in reducing the UK's carbon emissions. Currently there are not enough certified contractors to undertake these works and make a real impact on our net zero targets.
The Futureproof Skills & Certification programme will equip you with the knowledge to access this market and the certification that allows you to participate in government-funded retrofit schemes, including Local Authority Delivery (LAD), Energy Company Obligation (ECO and the Home Upgrade Grant (HUG) initiatives.
But … this programme is short-term and limited to only 100 businesses plus training for 50 unemployed contractors, so early registration is advised. Applications will be taken until 1 July 2021.
Business access to Futureproof Essentials training for up to three members of the same team plus full support and PAS2030 certification in a single measure with Trustmark registration costs £1,750 (saving around £2,300 per company).
Training-only access is available for contractors who are currently unemployed at a reduced rate of £100 per individual (saving £199).
- The programme is open to businesses not currently in possession of valid PAS2030 certification.
- Individual applicants for the training-only offer will be required to provide evidence of benefits such as Universal Credit.
Read full Terms & Conditions here
Fully funded places for contractors based in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset or North Somerset
- WECA (West of England Combined Authority) is offering this initiative of fully funded places, delivered in partnership with The Green Register, to support SME businesses (less than 250 employees) across the region: Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset. There is a limited availability of 20 places. Please use this discount code when booking your place: WECA
10% of the usual fee will be taken as payment upfront as a deposit, but will be refunded to you in full once we receive payment from our funder WECA.
- North Somerset Council is offering fully funded places to SME businesses (less than 250 employees) with a registered business address in North Somerset. There is a limited availability of 5 places. Please use this discount code when booking your place: NS21
10% of the usual fee will be taken as payment upfront, but will be refunded to you in full once we receive payment from our funder North Somerset Council.
- North Somerset Council is also offering fully funded places for Futureproof Essentials training only to unemployed contractors with a North Somerset address. There is a limited availability of 17 places. There is no fee payable when registering. Please use this discount code when booking your place: NSU21
Steps to Futureproof Skills & Certification
Sign up today and start to grow your business in retrofit.
- Register up to three team members from the same company for Futureproof Essentials online training. If you are currently unemployed and applying for training only, then just register yourself.
- Complete the one-off payment of £1,750 for training plus certification for your business, or £100 if you are currently unemployed and applying for training only. If you are based in the West of England / North Somerset and are eligible for a fully funded place please see above for discount codes to use when registering.
- Start your online Futureproof Essentials training. Training must be completed within four weeks.
- At the same time, we'll refer you to FCA Compliance Services to begin the process of achieving PAS2030:19 certification and Trustmark registration.
- The PAS2030 desktop audit will be undertaken by British Assessment Bureau.
- On successful completion of the desktop audit, you will be awarded PAS2030 certification. Congratulations! You can now respond to government-funded retrofit scheme work under the measure that you are certified for. (Please note that evidence of vocational competence is required to work under PAS2030:19 and the cost for this is not covered by this scheme.)
- The initial certification is valid for three months pending site inspection; site-based approval will lead to certificate extension for the remaining nine months.
The Futureproof Skills & Certification programme will run between 4 January and 31 July 2021. Applications for the programme will be accepted until 1 July 2021.
Questions? We have a FAQ document here. If our FAQs don’t answer your question, you can contact us on the email address below leaving your name, company and a phone number if you require a callback.
Need help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org leaving your name, company and a phone number if you require a callback.
All currently unemployed contractors are eligible to apply for Futureproof Essentials training only at the reduced rate of £100. There is a limited availability of 50 places. North Somerset Council is offering fully funded places for Futureproof Essentials training only to unemployed contractors with a North Somerset address - there is a limited availability of 17 places. If found not to be unemployed at time of application you may be eligible to pay the full amount of £299 for attending the course.
Click the button above, or here to register for the Futureproof Skills & Certification package
About the West of England Combined Authority and the West of England Growth Hub
The funding for contractors based in Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset is a West of England Combined Authority initiative, delivered in partnership with the Green Register to support businesses across the region. The West of England Growth Hub is WECA’s support hub for SMEs in the region, offering advice, support and information for local businesses.