Join Dovetail Design and Build for a site tour of a sustainable new build nestled in the Mendip Hills AONB with fantastic views. The design, by Federica Vasetti of DHV, built by Dovetail, is a highly energy-efficient family home that compliments the countryside surroundings and features:
- largely unbroken thermal envelope, timber frame, external insulation.
- locally sourced heat-treated Ash cladding, felled to Ash. Cotswold traditional dry stone ground floor, linking the landscaping design.
- Cotswold stone Gabion retaining walls to address the complex site, providing natural drainage and visual continuity
- solar panels, Air Source Heat Pump and MVHR ensure comfortable living with minimal environmental impact
- rainwater harvesting to create a swale that conserves water and supports local biodiversity.
Dovetail adopted a forward-thinking, contractual arrangement on this project, with collaborative procurement routes. Working closely with DHV, Element Structures, and the clients from the early stages of design allowed efficient decision making and fast-track completion without compromising on craftsmanship and quality.
Visitors will be able to see the build in progress, with the timber frame structure complete, the air barrier and insulation ready to clad, and windows installed.
The full address will be provided after registration, and parking is available at the site.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Event terms and conditions
Help spread the word
Please help us and let your friends, colleagues and followers know about: Sustainable Timber Frame House Site Visit – North SomersetTwitter Facebook LinkedIn
You can also share the below link in an email or on your website: