Register for each event individually or book the whole series to get a substantial discount - scroll down for all dates in the series.
There is endless talk in the media, construction industry and otherwise about 'net-zero' and 'zero carbon' – as well as a growing aspiration (and eventually a regulatory requirement) to deliver net-zero carbon homes.
But what do these terms really mean and what does it mean for designers, developers/suppliers and users in practice? Who is defining these performance criteria, how do we measure them, and prove that the proposed solutions work in live projects?
This two-hour online session will cover:
- The different definitions of net-zero in construction, who is using them and how these will drive briefs and specifications
- The gap between predicted performance and actual performance, and why improved measurement is necessary
- Using real-time data and reporting to evidence performance
- How low carbon performance has been defined and monitored: Case Studies from recent and ongoing from Passivhaus and net-zero developments
- Approaches to defining and monitoring net-zero in recent developments
Paul Bourgeois, Industrial Innovation Lead for Anglia Ruskin University and a Passivhaus consultant will host the session.
We will also be joined by Joe Miles from Atamate, an expert in building performance measurement; Tom Dollard from PTE; and Sarah Lewis from Passivhaus Trust.
This live and interactive session will have Q&A breaks to allow participants to ask questions of the speakers.
This event is part of the ‘Delivering Affordable Net-Zero Housing’ series run in conjunction with the Eastern New Energy project.
All events in this series
Can be booked as a series or individually:
- TGR members: £30 per session // £150 for all 8 sessions (save £90)
- Standard non-member rate: £40 per session // £200 for all 8 sessions (save £120)
Attendance will make you eligible for Green Register membership
This event is held in conjunction with:
The ENE project is funded by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
|Green Register Members - Whole Series (save £90)||£150.00|
|Non-members - Whole Series (save £120)||£200.00|
|Green Register Members - This event only||£30.00|
|Non Members - This event only||£40.00|
Event terms and conditions
Help spread the word
Please help us and let your friends, colleagues and followers know about our page: ENE Series: Session 1 Defining, measuring and evidencing net-zero performance
You can also share the below link in an email or on your website: