Lifecycle Analysis of Building Materials - Online
From Embodied Energy to Reducing Construction Waste – an overview of using low impact building materials
This 2 hour session will:
- Take delegates through the life cycle journey of some building materials (both conventional and low environmental impact)
- Discuss the definition of embodied carbon
- Review some existing LCA tools available
- Explore how we can reduce waste on site
- Samples of some alternative building materials will be presented and there will be an opportunity to discuss their merits and possible limitations.
About the session
This session will be led by Lucy Pedler, Architect and Director of The Green Register
Who is this session for?
This session is open to all regions and construction disciplines, including architects and builders.
- - - - - - - - -
About the Trainer
Lucy Pedler, BA Arch, Dip Arch, ARB
Lucy is an architect with 34 years of professional experience in the UK and USA and has particular expertise in sustainable building practices. Lucy created The Green Register in 2000, now a nationwide networking and educational not-for-profit organisation promoting sustainable building practices to all disciplines of the construction industry.
In 1999, Lucy started her own sustainable architecture practice, archipeleco, designing buildings that have a low impact on the environment. In 2005, Paul McWilliams joined archipeleco to then create develeco limited, a company exclusively self-funded to offer refurbishments of existing buildings - usually in very poor condition - and transform the properties into sustainable, beautiful buildings fit for 21st century living.
Lucy is an Earth Champion, on the panel of the Bristol Urban Design Forum and a keen cyclist.