A Practical Guide to Installing Heat Pumps - an Integrated Approach - Online
Heat pumps are flavour of the year right now but are they the actually the best technology from a carbon savings point of view, what are the potential challenges of installing heat pumps in existing buildings and what do we need to know before making the decision to specify them in our projects?
About the session
Rob Edwardes, heating engineer and director of G R Edwardes - Electrical, Plumbing and Renewable Energy contractors has many years of experience installing heat pumps.
Rob will give a comprehensive, honest and holistic presentation of all the pros and cons of the technology, covering the following:
- Basic principles
- Understanding heat energy in buildings
- Compatible types of heat emitters
- The importance of designing a Heat pump to meet customer expectations
- Understanding customer drivers both Financial and carbon, commercial (non-domestic) & Domestic
- How Heat pumps can help
- Knowing the limitations
- Understanding the building regulations & MCS standards
- Planning and siting the external unit
- Ground vs Air source heat pumps.
- Funding and incentives & rough installation costs
The training will be based loosely on G R Edwardes' consumer guide, but with the financial incentives going through a transition period, Rob will go 'off piste' and present some case studies to help illustrate the points raised during his presentation.
There will be a Q&A session before the training finishes.
To secure your place, please book via the Register now button.
About the trainer
Robert Edwardes is director of GR Edwardes Ltd - Electrical, Plumbing and Renewable Energy contractors.
- Director of GR Edwardes Ltd since 2009
- MCS approved installer since 2009
- NiC EIC approved contractor
- Gas safe registered business up until 2018 when company redirected to focus on renewable technologies & energy efficiency
- Panasonic pro partner
- Solar edge approved installer
- OLEV approved for electric vehicle charging points
- Based in Dorset est. 1988
- Electrical 18th edition
- City & guilds qualified electrician
- Logic certified water regs
- Part L - energy efficiency
- Solar PV installer
- Solar thermal installer
- Heat pump installer
- G3 - vented & unvented hw systems
GR Edwardes Ltd specialises in the installation and maintenance of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and renewable energy systems with particular specialisms in the integration of services and the compliance of energy efficiency & building regulations. Clients range from domestic homeowners/consumers, builders, developer, architects, leisure parks, offices, farmers, including clients such as the Duchy of Cornwall.