*SOLD OUT* Futureproof: An Introduction to Sustainable Building Practices - Bristol
This event is now fully booked. If you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add your name to the waiting list in case of cancellations.
This session is designed to outline the basic principles of sustainable building to give delegates the foundations for ongoing training sessions. The session will be run by trainer Lucy Pedler of The Green Register.
The training offers ideal foundation knowledge for general builders and trades, energy assessors and householders alike.
Topics to include:
- Global issues
- National issues including key legislation (present and future) such as Part L, MEES etc.
- Essential definitions
- Key issues relating to heat loss:
- Solid wall insulation; IWI & EWI
- Roof and floor insulation
- Thermal mass
- Windows & doors
- Moisture movement, airtightness, indoor air quality and ventilation
- Low carbon technologies
- Interior finishes, wellbeing & healthy buildings
- Reducing water use
- Materials and reducing waste
- Heritage issues
All Futureproof builder trainers are required to attend in order to become Futureproof Associate Builders, going on to offer on-site training. The session is also ideal for anyone as an introduction to sustainable building.
If you are a builder / contractor and are interested in our Futureproof initiative please get in touch for more information about the session: email@example.com
More details of Futureproof at: www.futureproof.uk.net
Group Head Office, Olympus House
Britannia Road Patchway
Bristol, BS34 5TA