Lifecycle Analysis of Building Materials - ONLINE TRAINING
From Embodied Energy to Reducing Construction Waste – an overview of using low impact building materials
This 90 minute session will:
- Take delegates through the life cycle journey of some building materials (both conventional and low environmental impact)
- Discuss the definition of embodied carbon
- Review some existing LCA tools available
- Explore how we can reduce waste on site
- Samples of some alternative building materials will be presented and there will be an opportunity to discuss their merits and possible limitations.
Who is this session for?
This session is for builders/contractors in the West of England enrolled on the Futureproof initiative for low-carbon retrofit. For more info and applications, see below. For other construction professionals, some paid places are available at www.greenregister.org.uk
For trainee Futureproof Associate Builders (FABs) : this session forms part of your core training and is billable
About the session
This session will be led by Lucy Pedler, Architect and Director of The Green Register
The Futureproof initiative in the West of England region connects homeowners needing energy-saving refurbishments with builders skilled in sustainable construction. This session is offered FREE to builders and trades registered for training as Futureproof Associate Builders (FABs)
Want to join Futureproof?
*This event is billable for FABs
The Futureproof initiative is run by Centre for Sustainable Energy & The Green Register, with funding from BEIS. Futureproof training is led by The Green Register, specialist trainers in sustainable building practices for construction professionals since 2000