Integrating Building Services - a practical perspective - Bristol
About the session
To get the best from building services - and to ensure that they work at optimum efficiency - it is essential that heating, controls and ventilation systems are designed to work together.
For example, heat pumps installations are becoming increasingly common but without good design input, the system may well operate under par and may use much more energy than is necessary.
Rob Edwardes, director of GR Edwardes - Electrical, Plumbing and Renewable Energy contractors - will explain that the goal is not about ‘quick wins’ but to reduce overall kWhr consumption.
The first part of the session (11.30-12.45) covers the schematics and characteristics of common technologies of heating systems and includes:
- Different types of heating systems
- Electric (Direct)
- Electric (Indirect)
- Oil/Gas (system)
- Oil/Gas (combination)
- Renewable technologies
- Different types of heat emitters (indirect system)
- Radiators, Fan convectors, UFH, Plinth heaters, skirting radiators
- The real cost of each technology
- The importance of forecasting energy & running costs and carbon emissions
After lunch, the second part of the session (13.30-14.30) on ‘Energy: measuring, controlling and valuing it’ includes all aspects of control systems such as:
- Schematics and worked examples
- Advantages of combining technology
- Costs associated with combining technology
- Incentives and energy savings
There will be a Q&A session before the training finishes.
- Attend both AM and PM seminars on this date at the discounted rate of £99 members / £149 non-members. Click Register Now and choose this fee option when booking.
- Book 3 places for the price of 2! Book 3 places at this event and get the 3rd place free.
Members £65 / Non-Members £99
N.B. Free attendance for our FutureProof FABS - please email to confirm your place. Non-FAB attendees are welcome, please book via the usual route (Register Now button).
About the trainer
Robert Edwardes is director of GR Edwardes Ltd - Electrical, Plumbing and Renewable Energy contractors.
- Director of GR Edwardes Ltd since 2009
- MCS approved installer since 2009
- NiC EIC approved contractor
- Gas safe registered business up until 2018 when company redirected to focus on renewable technologies & energy efficiency
- Panasonic pro partner
- Solar edge approved installer
- OLEV approved for electric vehicle charging points
- Based in Dorset est. 1988
- Electrical 18th edition
- City & guilds qualified electrician
- Logic certified water regs
- Part L - energy efficiency
- Solar PV installer
- Solar thermal installer
- Heat pump installer
- G3 - vented & unvented hw systems
GR Edwardes Ltd specialises in the installation and maintenance of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and renewable energy systems with particular specialisms in the integration of services and the compliance of energy efficiency & building regulations. Clients range from domestic homeowners/consumers, builders, developer, architects, leisure parks, offices, farmers, including clients such as the Duchy of Cornwall.
The Futureproof initiative in the West of England region connects homeowners needing energy-saving refurbishments with builders skilled in sustainable construction. This session is offered FREE to builders and trades registered for training as Futureproof Associate Builders (FABs) For enquiries or to apply for FREE Futureproof training, visit www.futureproof.uk.net or email email@example.com
Bristol, BS1 6XN
|Members - including Sustainable Water session||£ 99.00|
|Non-Members - including Sustainable Water session||£ 149.00|