*POSTPONED* Site Visit to Timber Harvesting and Saw Mill - Salisbury
This event has been postponed as, due to the current social distancing restrictions in operation (and likely to be become more stringent), you would not get the full benefit of the tour as we would have to limit delegate numbers and could not offer the tour of the sawmill.
Please be assured that we will be re-organising a date just as soon as it is safe to do so. If you are interested in attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we have a few spaces still available.
The Green Register is offering a unique talk and tour that will explain how timber is sustainably harvested and processed.
East Brothers, located near Salisbury, is offering delegates a visit to one of their timber harvesting sites including a discussion on log quality, specifications and grading.
After lunch there will be a tour of East Brother's saw mill to show many of the processes on site such as log debarking and cutting together with timber kilning and the Rex Moulder in action “profiling” .
- Refreshments and lunch provided.
- Site PPE must be worn at all times: hard hat, hi-viz and safety boots.
- Please let us know if you need us to provide PPE AHEAD of the visit
- Places are strictly limited.
10.15 Meet at *TBA*
10.50 Arrive at *TBA*
12.00 Depart from harvesting site and drive to *TBA*
12.45 Lunch – please advise of any dietary requirements.
13.30 Assemble for sawmill tour, we shall take you through all of our processes on site.
- Log yard stocks, log de-barking, logs cut by our 2 band mills, timber conversion, biomass boiler, timber kilning, our Rex Moulder in action “profiling” and our imported hardwood department.
- Discussion on grading, quality, durability and sustainability.
15.15 Summary – Tea & Coffee and depart.
Health & Safety at the session:
This event will take place as an in-person, live session. A risk assessment has been undertaken and social distancing and hygiene measures will be in place. As a result, the number of places will be strictly limited so please book early to secure your place.
Please can we ask delegates to:
- Observe social distancing as requested at the session
- Bring a mask to wear if indoors at any point
- PPE requirements are hard hat, hi-viz and safety boots (let us know AHEAD of the visit if you need us to provide PPE)
- You will need your own transport to travel to the saw mill and to / from the timber harvesting site (lifts previously offered are not now possible due to Covid-19 restrictions)
We thank all delegates in observing health and safety guidelines.