Futureproof: An Introduction to Sustainable Building Practices - Bristol
This session is designed to outline the basic principles of sustainable building to give delegates the foundations for ongoing Futureproof training sessions. With trainer Lucy Pedler of The Green Register.
All Futureproof builder trainers (our heroes) are required to attend in order to become Futureproof Associate Builders, going on to offer on-site training.
Topics to include:
- Global issues
- National issues including key legislation (present and future) such as Part L, MEES etc.
- Essential definitions
- Key issues relating to heat loss:
- Solid wall insulation; IWI & EWI
- Roof and floor insulation
- Thermal mass
- Windows & doors
- Moisture movement, airtightness, indoor air quality and ventilation
- Low carbon technologies
- Interior finishes, wellbeing & healthy buildings
- Reducing water use
- Materials and reducing waste
- Heritage issues
The session will be a combination of theory-based information and demonstrations of the principles using the house as a case study.
All attendees will receive a Glossary of Terms to take away.
If you are a builder / contractor and are interested in our Futureproof initiative please get in touch for more information about the session: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details of Futureproof at: www.futureproof.uk.net