Site Visit - Bishop's Stortford farm, Passivhaus principles - nr London Stansted
Join Green Register members Bow Tie Construction for an exciting series of talks and tours of their latest Passivhaus and EnerPhit projects. Six site visits throughout 2018 will showcase current projects in their most interesting stage of construction, sharing both theory and practical knowledge, on-site experience and in-progress projects.
2: Bishop's Stortford farm, Passivhaus principles
About the project
The client has commissioned Bow Tie Construction to renovate an agricultural building into a family dwelling. It is being undertaken using Passivhaus principles and has been designed by Jeremy Walker. The home will fit within the footprint of the existing building and its roof, retaining the existing concrete portal frame which will be a design feature of the finished building. It features a large amount of natural light from its 11 rooflights. The roof is an integrated system integrating insulation and waterproofing. The back boiler will be a wood-fired stove. No gas connection and a local sewage treatment plant.
First fix will be taking place at time of visit.
About the visit
The workshop will be led by:
- Bow Tie Construction Director - Rafael Delimata
- Project Manager - Szymon Zagorski
- Business Development Manager and Certified Passivhaus consultant – Hagop Heath-Matossian
Timings, travel and PPE
- Meet at 16:00 with event running 16:00 - 18:00
- Please note this site is in a rural location and public transport will be difficult. Perhaps organize a ride share?
- The post code takes you to a dirt track road to within 50m of site.
- Please note: this is still a building site so delegates are advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
Site Visit Series: This event is part of the TGR/Bow Tie Construction 2018 Passivhaus Site visit series:
- 15th Mar: 1. Grosvenor Park EnerPhit - London
- 26th Apr: 2. Bishop's Stortford farm, Passivhaus principles - nr London Stansted
- 17th May: 3. Lawford Road EnerPHit - London
- 21st Jun: 4. HALF-DAY SEMINAR Camden Mews Passivhaus (pt 1) - London
- 12th Jul: 5. Onslow Gardens EnerPHit - London
- 13th Sep: 6. Camden Mews Passivhaus (pt 2) - London
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of construction, the date of site visits may change if build schedules slip or the site is unsafe for visitors on planned dates. Please do not book non-refundable travel until joining instructions are confirmed. As much notice as possible will be given if dates do change.
This event is held in partnership with Bow Tie Construction
|Members - All 6 site visits||£ 139.00|
|Non-Members - All 6 site visits||£ 229.00|