Festive Bite-size Session: WELL Delivered - WELL Building Standard Talk and Tour - London
Providing environments which promote and enhance occupant health and wellbeing is key to a successful development. Research indicates that in healthy offices, productivity increases, absenteeism reduces and concentration improves. This can help to attract and retain the best talent
Simon Wyatt, Associate Director at Cundall, will talk about the importance and benefits of designing buildings with health and wellbeing in mind with a focus on the end-user experience. He will describe Cundall’s experience of delivering the first project in Europe to achieve WELL Certification through the WELL Building Standard® for their new London office at One Carter Lane.
A panel of experts will then talk about their experiences incorporating health and wellbeing into the built environment by putting employees at the heart of the designs. The talk will cover:
- Healthy materials
- Improving indoor air and water quality
- Monitoring environmental performance
- The importance of biophilic design
- Designing for human comfort
- Acoustic soundscapes and design
- Circadian lighting systems and lighting for people
The talks will be followed by a tour of Cundall's London office fit-out and refreshments will be served.
- 17.00 - 17.30 – Registration / networking with coffee, biscuits
- 17.30 - 17:50 – Simon Wyatt, Health and Wellbeing Director, will talk about the importance and benefits of designing buildings with health and wellbeing in mind. He will describe Cundall’s experience of delivering the first project in Europe to achieve WELL Certification for One Carter Lane.
- 17.50 - 18.05 – Noise distraction and poor acoustics are two of the biggest complaints from users of modern workspaces. Matthew Hyden, Acoustics Associate, will talk about how Cundall helps clients improve wellbeing and productivity in workspaces through good acoustic design.
- 18.05 - 18.20 – Andrew Bissell, Director of Light4, will explain how to ensure we provide a quality of light which meets the needs of the occupants.
- 18.20 - 18.35 – Alan Fogarty, Sustainability Partner, will discuss integration of biophilic design into the workspace to improve connectivity with nature and increase productivity.
- 18.35 - 19.00 – Tour
- 19.00 onwards – networking drinks
This event is held in partnership with:
One Carter Lane
London, EC4V 5ER