Join Green Register members Greenheart Sustainable Construction for a a talk and tour of their latest new build passivhaus project in Nailsea. This exciting project is a three bedroomed house on an urban infill site with a range of innovative features.
About the visit
Greenheart director Richard Hatfield will start by talking about the company’s involvement in the particular project followed by Piers Sadler talking specifically about the attention to detail required for passivhaus certification.
Greenheart director Malcolm McMahon will then give an overview of the project, a tour around the house and site followed by a Q&A session.
About the project
Address: 108 Station Road, Nailsea, BS48 1TB
Construction: Greenheart Sustainable Construction, Bristol
Architects: S2 architects (Jeremy Dain)
Passivhaus Consultant: Piers Sadler Consulting
This exciting project is a three bedroomed house on an urban infill site with a range of innovative features such as:
- Bespoke timber frame
- Super insulated wood fibre/render finish
- Fully Integrated PV 7.8Kw, ASHP (air source heat pump)
- Battery storage - TESLA Powerwall with car charging point
Please note that the house will be structurally finished and weathertight but certain elements of the construction will still be visible.
Timings, travel and PPE
- Meet at 1.45pm with tour running 2pm - 4pm
- No parking on site but free parking in Crown Glass Shopping Centre car park 2 minutes walk away.
- Buses X8 and X9 run from Bristol city centre to Nailsea regularly throughout the day, with bus stops a 2 minute walk away.
- 25 minute walk or a short cycle from Nailsea and Backwell Station.
- Please note: this is still a building site so delegates are advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
This event is held in partnership with:
Bristol, BS48 1TB
Event terms and conditions