A Masterclass in Avoiding Risks: The Theory and Practice of Solid Wall Insulation - London
The well founded concerns over the addition of wall insulation, particularly interstitial condensation and potential damage to building fabric have led The Green Register to develop its own comprehensive three-day Solid Wall Insulation (SWI) course to help create better buildings.
The course, being held over June and July, responds directly to delegates and members’ feedback and will provide up to date impartial technical advice. It will enable attending construction professionals, including installers, to minimise the risks involved in this essential aspect of retrofit and so make a significant contribution to improving existing buildings’ thermal performance.
This course is being run over three days, to provide a thorough overview of SWI with a novel mix of: trainers (including a hugely experienced Clerk of Works); resources, (including the STBA retrofit wheel); and training methods (including incorporating delegates’ own projects into the learning). We believe this masterclass will provide a unique and holistic understanding that takes delegates to the next level of understanding of Solid Wall Insulation.
If your professional work includes retrofitting existing buildings, and you rightly want to feel more confident about the risks involved, this course will help you to design with, specify or install Solid Wall Insulation better.
Key features include
- In depth building physics theory
- Identifying problem areas of solid wall insulation (SWI)
- Technical concerns and conflicts of SWI
- Use of STBA retrofit wheel with its designer
- Case studies illustrating Best Practice details
- Practical demonstrations of a variety of both external and internal installations
- Detailing insights from experienced Clerk of Works
- Site visits to local projects
- Discussions of delegates’ projects
Niall Crosson (Ecological Building Systems), Sean Denton (Jordaya), Nicholas Heath (NDM Heath Ltd), Colin Lock (Bristol City Council), Matthew Wellesley Smith (Natural Building Technologies), Rob Woodhouse (RJW Services). For full details of trainers see here.
Fees for three days are £249 for Green Register members / £375 non-members
- Book by the end of April for Early Bird rates: £219 members / £345 non-members
- Book three places for the price of two: Book three places at and get the third place free. (Book places online and we will deduct the cost of the third place once booking received). This offer may not be used in conjunction with other offers.
- Membership offer: By attending this course, delegates will automatically be eligible for TGR membership and can benefit from half price membership fees for one year if they join within one month of completing the course.
If you have already attended our Retrofitting Traditional Buildings course with Nicholas Heath you may be able to attend just days two and three – please get in touch for details.
What did delegates say about the pilot course held in partnership with Bristol City Council / STBA last Autumn?
"Excellent mixed use of technical ‘principles’ with practical application"
"A fantastic course and I am already using the information from within it, ... tutors were fantastic"
"Helped reinforce methods, pitfalls and quality. I have learned more, faster, than reading a website text"
Deptford Bridge Campus
2 Deptford Church Street
London, SE8 4RZ
|Early bird - Members (until end of April 2017)||£ 219.00|
|Early bird - Non-nembers (until end of April 2017)||£ 345.00|